February 22, 2011

Van Gogh, Seurat and Monet...OH MY!

Today, I am at the Museum of Fine Arts Houston checking out their Impressionists and Post-Impressionists exhibit that is currently on loan from The National Gallery in Washington, D.C.  I have been geeking out about this since I found out I could go with some girlfriends minus children.  I love taking my kids to museums, but seriously...did NOT want to take them to this, at least not the first time I see it.  I know my kids don't have the patience that I do when it comes to admiring works of art of this caliber.  I could easily catch myself examining any one of these paintings for at least 20 minutes. 

I cannot wait to see some of these pieces in person.  I love the feeling (the almost indescribable) feeling that you get when you are awestruck by such beauty. I am going to get to see these tomorrow!  My stomach is a flutter with anticipation.

 Self Portait, Van Gogh

 Dancer, Renoir

 Seascape, Seurat

 Japanese Footbridge, Monet

Woman with Parasol, Monet

The biggest disappointment...I won't be able to take any photos!  Museum policy.  I am seriously bummed by that.  I would love to have my photo taken next to any one of these stunning masterpieces.  I am just going to have to settle for a small reproduction or postcard from the gift shop.  Oh well...still so excited.  I will report back tomorrow with how my visit with these beauties went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...