October 31, 2012

Character Pumpkin and Happy Halloween!

I showed a bit of our family's character pumpkin in the Photo 366.  Well, I'm here to wish you a very Happy Halloween and unveil the whole pumpkin.


Maben chose to do, "The Very Hungry Caterpillar," again.  You can see where we have done this theme before here


The character pumpkins are something our school district challenges the families to do.  Each pumpkin gets put on display for a week in the library at school.  It was a lot of fun and I foresee us doing this every year.  If you want to do it, it's easy.  Let your child pick out a book or character, then paint your pumpkin up with what was chosen.  Everyone in the family has to help! 


Maben and I did the majority of the painting.  I drew out the shapes in pencil, then gave Maben (and a few times Colton) a loaded up paint brush and showed them where to paint.  I came in and did the detail work.  My husband painted one small spot, he's not so artsy and didn't want to ruin it.


Have you ever painted a character pumpkin?  If so, I would love to hear/see what you have done.


I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...