July 16, 2013

Colorado Vacation: Panorama Point

This was by far the best view I have seen in a long time.  Panorama Point was located not very far from where we went camping in Golden Gate Canyon State Park


The unfortunate part is that this panorama doesn't do it justice.  With the way the cloud cover was, it's hard to tell in the photo, but those are some gorgeous snow topped peaks in the background.

Panorama Point gives a view of approximately 100 miles of the Continental Divide.  There are approximately 20 peaks within view and some passes.


There was even a free tourist telescope to get a better view of those beautiful Rockies.

I can't think of a better backdrop for an Independence Day family photo.

My family.

My sister's family.

This also begged for an HDR (high dynamic range) photo (below).  What is HDR?  It is capturing several images at different exposures and then merging them with computer software to show the lightest and darkest areas of a photo.  I use a free software to do this and you can find the newest version here.

Unfortunately it's not available for free anymore, but if you search for free HDR software, I'm sure you can find one that is. 


And that wraps up the photo show of my awesome family vacation.  Anyone want to whisk me away back to Colorado for some more camping?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...